Tathamfamilyhistory
The Tathams of County Durham
First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]

St Clement, Ilford



 

Notes: The church of St Clement, Park Avenue, was built between 1889 and 1896 in response to the growing population of Ilford. It was a large red-brick building with stone dressings in the Gothic style, consisting of an aisled and clerestoried nave, chancel, Lady chapel, organ chamber, and a bell-cote containing one bell. It had seating for over 1000. St Clementís was consecrated on 20 June 1896. The vicarage was in the gift of All Souls College. In 1902 it became the principal parish church in place of St. Mary's.
The church was declared redundant and demolished in 1977, when the congregation moved to a worship centre built on the upper level of the Cecil Hall, a building opened in 1908 as a parish hall.† Worship ceased here in July 2003 to be concentrated at St Margaretís, and the Cecil Hall was subsequently sold.

Latitude: 51.5645, Longitude: 0.0696


Media

Photos
St Clement, Ilford
St Clement, Ilford
Henry William Eliott Molony, Vicar of Great Ilford, 1892-1912

Occupation

Matches 1 to 1 of 1

   Last Name, Given Name(s)    Occupation    Person ID 
1 Molony, Henry William Eliott  Mar 1901St Clement, Ilford I0044