Tathamfamilyhistory
The Tathams of County Durham
First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]

Holy Trinity, Finchley Rd, Hampstead



 

Notes: Holy Trinity Church was built in 1871. The foundation stone was laid by the Victorian philanthropist and social reformer, the Earl of Shaftesbury. The building was completed in less than a year, and consisted of a large nave and side aisles. It was an expensive church, costing 17,000 to build. The architect, Henry Legg, employed specially deepened concrete foundations under the steeple to guard against vibrations from trains when the Metropolitan railway line was extended beyond Swiss Cottage.
In 1968 a private parliamentary bill authorised the demolition of Holy Trinity Church and the redevelopment of the site. The church was vacated in 1974, when it was demolished and a smaller one built in its place. [London Metropolitan Archives]<

Latitude: 51.5471, Longitude: -0.1793


Baptism

Matches 1 to 1 of 1

   Last Name, Given Name(s)    Baptism    Person ID 
1 Legg, Reginald Francis  20 Oct 1874Holy Trinity, Finchley Rd, Hampstead I4312