abt 1754 - 1823 (~ 69 years)
||Jane Morris  |
|Thomas Tatham, b. 1734, Stockton-on-Tees , d. abt 1780, At sea |
||2 Paradise Street, Rotherhithe
||24 Jan 1823
[1, 3, 4] |
- On the 24th inst., at her son's house, at Highgate, aged 68, Mrs. Tatham, widow of the late late Thos. Tatham, Esq., R.N. [The Times]
- She d. 24 Jan., 1823, aged 68, at Highgate, when descr. as "widow of the late Thomas Tatham, Esq., R.N."; Gent.'s Mag., XCV., Jan.-June, 1823, p.188. [Curtis]
||01 Feb 1823
- not found in 1823 register 'Burials at Highgate in the Parish of Hornsey'; nor St Mary, Hornsey.
- Miss Jane Morris. She was well known to the Rev. Canon Ralph Raisbeck Tatham, whose son, Canon Edward Tatham, says that she "was undoubtedly a British-American, not French-Canadian. She was a great beauty, and was left a very young widow with two babies, who owed very much to their uncle, Lawrence Tatham.". [Curtis]
- Carr, Jane, Kings County, spinster, late of Philadelphia, and Thomas Tatham. N. Y., mariner.
[New York Marriage Licences, transcr Robert H Kelby, page 9. Reprinted from NY Genealogical and Biographical Record, Jul 1915. Date not stated; others on same page are 1775, 1777, 1779. Originals in the archives of the New York Historical Society. Corresponds to p. 67 of list of marriage licenses published by NY State in 1860. Article online accessed 29 Jan 2012]
- Name and identity not established. Named as Morris M Bultes in Horace Hallings Tatham tree; as Mauries in Christopher Oldham tree. Being researched by Emmeline Garnett in 1970s.
||Tatham | Morris branch | Spouse|
||21 Apr 2013 |
||Thomas Tatham, b. 1734, Stockton-on-Tees , d. abt 1780, At sea (Age 46 years) |
|+||1. Thomas Trevor Tatham, b. 28 Mar 1779, Rotherhithe , d. 10 Feb 1866, North Rd, Highgate (Age 86 years)|
|+||2. John Tatham, b. 07 Aug 1780, Rotherhithe , d. 16 Mar 1839, Madras (Age 58 years)|
||29 Jan 2012 |
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S33] Family Letters, Alice Raisbeck, 17 Sep 1779.
to Thomas Tatham
- [S05] The Times, death notice, 27 Jan 1823.
- [S11] Newspaper, Jackson's Oxford Journal, 01 Feb 1823.
- [S06] Parish Registers, burials, Highgate, 01 Feb 1823.
transcr Cliff Webb