1679 - abt 1759 (80 years)
||Ann Mawer [1, 2] |
- Spelled Mawes by Curtis, based on earlier pedigrees, altough he notes: 'Some pedigrees spell the name Mawer [not Mawes]. In Surtees' Hist. of Durham, the list of freeholders, in 1684, in Bishopton quotes "the heirs of Thos. Mawer"; while in the corresponding list for Little Stainton ... occur "The heirs of Robert Tatham, gent." .. If Anne Mawes should read Mawer, she was perhaps of near kin to the above Thomas Mawer.'
But the name Mawes is very rare, whilst Mawer is relatively frequent, esp. in NE England and around Bishopton.
- dau of William Mawer & Sarah Young, marr Sedgefield 11 Aug 1678. [IGI]
- Identity not certain; possibly = Hannah, bapt Bishopton 04 May 1682, also dau of William Mawer.
||03 Jul 1679
||St Peter, Bishopton
|Ralph Tatham, b. abt 1677, Co Durham , d. 09 May 1742, Bishopton? |
||abt Jun 1759
- date of death needs to be verified - see note below on sale of estate of Mrs Tatham on 01 May 1759.
||14 Jun 1759
||St Peter, Bishopton
- Burials: Mrs Ann Tatham, Relict, June 14th 1759. [Parish Registers, Bishopton (transcription)]
- Notice in Newcastle Courant, 21 Apr 1759:
To be sold to the highest bidder, at the house of Thomas Dobing, in Bishopton, in the County of Durham, on Tuesday the first day of May next, together or in three parcels, betwixt two and eight o'clock, in the afternoon:
A freehold estate, at Bishopton aforesaid and East Newbegin, pleasantly situated, late the estate of Mrs Tatham, deceased, consisting of about 120 acres of arable, meadow, and pasture grounds, well watered, and fenced with quickset hedges; with about 300 trees (mostly ash) standing upon the ground, part fit for sale: Also a good mansion-house and farm-house, with all suitable conveniencies.
Likewise at the same time and place, a large dwelling-house at Little Stainton, a mile from Bishopton; with a common brewery, malt-kiln and malt-mill; with a good close and orchard behind the same, with suitable conveniences. - Mr Tatham, of Bishopton, will shew the premises.
The "Mrs Tatham" referred to as deceased before 21 Apr 1759 can hardly be Ann Mawer buried 14 Jun 1759, but no other candidate has yet been identified.
||Tatham | Durham roots | Spouse|
||15 Aug 2013 |
||Ralph Tatham, b. abt 1677, Co Durham , d. 09 May 1742, Bishopton? (Age ~ 65 years) |
|+||1. Ralph Tatham, b. 1702, Little Stainton? , d. 18 Sep 1752, Sunderland (Age 50 years)|
| ||2. Ann Tatham, b. 1704, Little Stainton |
| ||3. Bridget Tatham, b. 1705, Little Stainton |
|+||4. William Tatham, b. 1708, Bishopton , d. Jun 1758 (Age 50 years)|
| ||5. Thomas Tatham, b. 1710, Bishopton , d. Apr 1711, Bishopton? (Age 1 years)|
| ||6. Robert Tatham, b. abt 1711, Bishopton? , d. Mar 1789, Co Durham (Age ~ 78 years)|
|+||7. Sarah Tatham, b. 1714, Bishopton? |
| ||8. John Tatham, b. 1716, Bishopton , d. abt Jul 1718, Bishopton? (Age 2 years)|
| ||9. Hannah Tatham, b. abt 1719, Bishopton |
| ||10. Catherine Cordelia Tatham, b. abt Dec 1720, Bishopton , d. Sep 1721, Bishopton (Age ~ 0 years)|
| ||11. Catherine Cordelia Tatham, b. abt Jan 1722, Bishopton |
||21 Aug 2014 |
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S06] Parish Registers, baptisms, St Peter, Bishopton, 03 Jul 1679.
Ana, dau Gulielmi Mawer, Bishopton
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S08] Family Trees & Websites, NZ family.
- [S06] Parish Registers, burials, St Peter, Bishopton, 14 Jun 1759.
transcr Northumberland & Durham Family History Society