abt 1677 - 1742 (~ 65 years)
||Ralph Tatham [1, 2] |
- Called "Ralph Lawrence Tatham of Little Stainton," in an early Tatham pedigree possessed by Dr. Ernest J. Tatham, of Cheltenham. [Curtis]
[Probable confusion with his younger brother Lawrence.]
||abt 1677 - 1705
|Ann Mawer, b. 1679, Bishopton , d. abt Jun 1759, Bishopton |
||abt 1708 - 1742
[1, 4] |
- The Dwelling-House now in the Possession of Mr. Thomas Stelling of Little Stenton, nigh Bishopton, ... is to be sold. Enquire of Mr. William Raper of Tynemouth; Mr. Ralph Stoobs, Attorney in Darlington; Mr. Ralph Tatham of Bishopton, or Mr. Thomas Stelling of Little-Stenton, who will treat with any about the same. [Newcastle Courant, 16 May 1724]
- A Dwelling-house, with a Malt-kiln, and other good Conveniencies for a Common Brewer, and a small Parcel of Ground behind the same, at Little Stainton, in the County of Durham, about 4 Miles from Darlington. Enquire of Mr Tatham, of Bishopton, or Mr Raisbeck, of Stockton. [ibid, 17 Apr 1736]
||09 May 1742
||St Peter, Bishopton, Brass Memorial Tablet
The orginal stone monument was subsequently replaced by a brass tablet, now rather worn, 4 ft. x 2 ft., let into the lower end of the Chancel floor, forming the landing from the Sacrarium on to the Chancel floor, which has inscribed on it the following epitaphs, the date of the Vicar's death and the duration of his incumbency being here incorrectly stated.
In memory of the Rev. Ralph Tatham, B.A., xxiii years Vicar of this Parish, who died Jan. xi. mdcccxxii, aged lxxiv years;
and of Charles Tatham, his son, who died Sept. iv, mdcccxxvii, aged xxxv years.
Also of Ralph Tatham his Grand father who died May ix, mdccxlii, aged lxiv years. [Curtis]
||12 May 1742
||St Peter, Bishopton
[5, 6] |
- Here lies the body of Robert [recte: Ralph] Tatam, who departed this life May 9, 1742, aet. 64. [M.I. on a flat stone near the porch of the Parish Church, Bishopton, but apparently no longer in existence according to the present [abt 1925] Vicar, the Rev R H Reilly] [Curtis p.6, quoting Surtees vol 3 pp. 68-9]
- Here lies the body of Ralph Tatham who departed this life May the 9th 1742 aged 64. [Bishopton Church: Monumental Inscriptions: On a flat stone near the porch] [An historical, topographical and descriptive view of the County Palatine of Durham, volume II, by E Mackenzie and M Ross, publ Mackenzie & Dent, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 1834]
||02 Dec 1751
- Will dated 13 Jul 1740 proved by his wife Anne at Durham 02 Dec 1751. [Curtis]
||Tatham | Durham roots | Descendant - male line|
||17 Feb 2014 |
||Robert Tatham, b. abt Aug 1652, Kirk Merrington , d. abt Mar 1680/81, Co Durham (Age ~ 28 years) |
||Bridget Lawrence, b. abt 1647, Billingham |
||29 Nov 1674
- Robert Tatum married 29 Nov 1674 Bridget Lawrence, according to a copy of a chart in the possession of Capt. Alfred Seton Christopher. [Curtis]
- The Durham Marriage Bond is dated 28 Nov 1674 and reads: 'Robert Tateoun, of Little Stainton, Yeo, and Bridgett Lowrence, Sp'. [Curtis]
- References to other children in 1832 pedigree.
||Family Group Sheet|
||Ann Mawer, b. 1679, Bishopton , d. abt Jun 1759, Bishopton (Age 80 years) |
|+||1. Ralph Tatham, b. 1702, Little Stainton? , d. 18 Sep 1752, Sunderland (Age 50 years)|
| ||2. Ann Tatham, b. 1704, Little Stainton |
| ||3. Bridget Tatham, b. 1705, Little Stainton |
|+||4. William Tatham, b. 1708, Bishopton , d. Jun 1758 (Age 50 years)|
| ||5. Thomas Tatham, b. 1710, Bishopton , d. Apr 1711, Bishopton? (Age 1 years)|
| ||6. Robert Tatham, b. abt 1711, Bishopton? , d. Mar 1789, Co Durham (Age ~ 78 years)|
|+||7. Sarah Tatham, b. 1714, Bishopton? |
| ||8. John Tatham, b. 1716, Bishopton , d. abt Jul 1718, Bishopton? (Age 2 years)|
| ||9. Hannah Tatham, b. abt 1719, Bishopton |
| ||10. Catherine Cordelia Tatham, b. abt Dec 1720, Bishopton , d. Sep 1721, Bishopton (Age ~ 0 years)|
| ||11. Catherine Cordelia Tatham, b. abt Jan 1722, Bishopton |
||21 Aug 2014 |
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S58] Surtees.
- [S08] Family Trees & Websites, NZ family.
- [S11] Newspaper, Newcastle Courant, 16 May 1724.
- [S23] Monumental Inscription, Bishopton Church.
- [S47] Burial Record, National Burial Index, 12 May 1742.
Transcr Cleveland Family History Society