est 1733 - 1764 (~ 31 years)
||Anne Purvis [1, 2] |
- baptism record not identified - several possibles
|Meaburn Smith, b. abt 1696, Houghton-le-Spring , d. Dec 1762, Co Durham |
||25 Jul 1764
- Possibly aunt of Elizabeth Purvis, daughter of Thomas Purvis, of Horton, afterwards of Bedlington; heiress of her brother, Henry Purvis of Bedlington, bapt Horton 29 Jun 1732 ; marr Bedlington 12 Jan 1764; 'a most accomplished young lady with a fortune of £5,000'; died 26 Mar 1819 aged 86; administration of her personal estate 23 Nov 1819.
This Elizabeth Purvis' husband Christopher Barker was brother of Charles Barker, who married Ann Purvis' daughter Susannah Smith.
||Tatham | Durham roots, Meaburn branch | Parent of spouse|
||24 Aug 2013 |
||Meaburn Smith, b. abt 1696, Houghton-le-Spring , d. Dec 1762, Co Durham (Age ~ 66 years) |
- Meaburn Smith's 2nd marriage.
- eldest daughter Margaret; marr John Holmes, Lieutenant in the Royal Navy, sometime of Morton House, and after of West Herrington. [Surtees]
- 2nd daughter Susan/Susanna; marr Charles Barker, ensign in the Northumberland militia, bapt 14 May 1734; was residing at Gloster-hill, 1766-1768, afterwards of Morton-house; bur 16 Jun 1788; date of marriage not certain:
- Feb 1766 per History of Northumberland, vol ix, p. 7 (Earsdon Township), 1909, citing Warkworth Registers.
- 02 Nov 1764 per footnote on same page, citing Newcastle Courant Nov 1764: "2nd November, 1764, married at Edinburgh, Mr. Charles Barker, of Bedlington, to Miss Susan Smith, of Murton-house, near Houghton, a beautiful young lady with a fortune of £5000."
- 3rd & youngest daughter Ann(e).
- son Thomas bapt Houghton-le-Spring 15 Sep 1761; living 1763; died under age. [Surtees, citing Rev. Ralph Tatham]
|+||1. Anne Smith, b. abt Aug 1758, Co Durham , d. 09 Oct 1847, Rectory, Colkirk (Age ~ 89 years)|
||24 Aug 2013 |
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S07] Other Sources, Robert Surtees, 1823.
History & Antiquities of the County Palatine of Durham
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S09] Estimate.