1900 - 1942 (41 years)
||Terence Howard Tatham [1, 2, 3, 4] |
- already nicknamed Paddy in Ryburgh Visitors' Book 17 Jul 1913.
- Name Patrick not yet found in public records before 1931: marriage reg index 2Q1931 Terence P H Tatham.
||14 Nov 1900
[1, 2, 3] |
||High St, St Pauls Walden
||Rectory, Great Ryburgh
||1914 - 1919
; Fruit Farmer  |
||abt May 1931
|Edith Mary Case, b. 05 Sep 1903, Toftrees , d. abt May 1979, King's Lynn |
; Game hunter  |
||abt 1939 - 1942
; Corporal, Federal Malay States Volunteer Regiment  |
||09 Feb 1942
; Cause: Killed in action [8, 9, 10] |
- The Rood Beam with its appropriate figures was erected by relatives and friends to the memory of Terence Patrick Howard Tatham, Corporal in the Federated Malay States Volunteer Regiment, who fell in action at Changi Singapore on February 9th 1942. "So he passed over & all the trumpets sounded for him on the other side". Jesu mercy [St Andrew, Great Ryburgh]
- CWGC gives date of death Sat 07 Feb 1942; MI Gt Ryburgh & Haileybury Register give Mon 09 Feb 1942
||Terence Howard ("Paddy") Tatham (1900-1942)
Memorial in Great Ryburgh Church
||09 Dec 1943
; £377 17s. 8d.  |
- Tatham Terence Patrick Howard of Kuala Lumpur in the Federated Malay States died 9 February 1942 on war service Administration (with Will) Norwich 9 December to Robert Symonds Butcher and Frank Andrews solicitors attorneys of Edith Mary Tatham. Effects £377 17s. 8d. [NPC]
||Kranji War Cemetery, Singapore
- Terrence P H Tatham.
Corporal 2nd (Selangor) Battalion., Federated Malay States Volunteer Force.
Died on Saturday 7 February 1942.
Son of the Reverend. Frederick Hugh Tatham, M.A. and Mrs. Tatham, of Great Ryburgh, Fakenham, Norfolk.
Cemetery: Kranji War Cemetery, Singapore.
Grave or Reference Panel Number: 13. A. 2.
[Commonwealth War Graves Commission]
- Terence Howard Tatham.
Born 14 November 1900.
Killed in Action Singapore 9 February 1942. 
- Excellent games player, rugby especially 
||Tatham | Meaburn branch | Descendant - male line|
||09 Aug 2013 |
||Frederick Hugh Tatham, b. 17 Feb 1868, Great Ryburgh , d. 19 Jan 1947, Rectory, Great Ryburgh (Age 78 years) |
||Helen Marie Thurnall, b. 18 Jun 1862, Bedford , d. 18 Sep 1967, Vicarage, Rougham (Age 105 years) |
||22 Jun 1893
||St Andrew, Kettering
[1, 11, 12] |
- On 22nd June, at St Andrew's Church, Kettering, by the Hon and Right Rev Bishop Anson, late Bishop of Qu'Appelle, Canada, assisted by the Rev G E Tatham, Vicar of St Paul's, East Moulsey, father of the bridegroom, the Rev. Frederick Hugh Tatham, of the diocese of Qu'Appelle, to Helen Maria, daughter of the late William Thurnall, Esq, of Bedford [Manchester Times]
- 3 servants in Mar 1901.
4 servants in Apr 1911: governess, parlourmaid, cook, housemaid.
||St Andrew, Great Ryburgh|
George Edmund Tatham, Rector, 1859-1884
Frederick Hugh Tatham, Rector, 1910-1947
||St Hybald, Scawby|
Frederick Hugh Tatham, Vicar, 1904-1910
||Rectory, Great Ryburgh|
||Ryburgh Rectory children|
unidentified, about 1912
||The Tatham family and Ryburgh parish, Norfolk|
||Qu'Appelle and its links with the family|
||Ryburgh Visitors Book (80)|
Visitors Book of Frederick & Helen Tatham
||Family Group Sheet|
||Edith Mary Case, b. 05 Sep 1903, Toftrees , d. abt May 1979, King's Lynn (Age 75 years) |
||abt May 1931
- Aylsham RD not incl Gt Ryburgh
- no children found in E&W BMD index
||14 Nov 2009 |
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S01] Census, UK, 1901.
Terence Howard, age 4m b Whitwell
- [S02] BMD Index, birth reg Hitchin, 4Q1900.
- [S02] BMD Index, marriage reg Aylsham, 2Q1931.
- [S01] Census, UK, 1911.
- [S03] Family Members, JDT.
- [S23] Monumental Inscription, St Andrew, Great Ryburgh.
- [S34] Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
- [S20] School and College Registers, Haileybury.
- [S14] National Probate Calendar.
- [S02] BMD Index, marriage reg Kettering, 2Q1893.
- [S11] Newspaper, Manchester Times, 30 Jun 1893.