1894 - 1984 (89 years)
||Drina Mary Helen Tatham [1, 2, 3] |
||16 Sep 1894
[1, 2, 4, 5] |
||High St, St Pauls Walden
||2 Mortimer Rd, Clifton
; School Boarder  |
||Rectory, Great Ryburgh
[6, 7] |
||1948 - 1984
[4, 8, 9] |
||09 May 1984
||Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn
; Cause: 1 (a) Bronchopneumonia; (b) Peritonitis; (c) Perforated diverticulum with abcess; [4, 5] |
- informant on certificate: her sister Betty
- died quite suddenly in hospital 
||St Andrew, Great Ryburgh
- No funeral service at Ryburgh; memorial service at Rougham.
||Margaret Betty Molony (Relationship: Godmother) |
- She was a great character. Everyone in the village came to her when they had a problem, and she was always ready to come to the rescue. The mother of one family had diphtheria and Drina moved in and took over. I remember how Drina used to cycle into the farmyard and perch on the window sill and chat to Mum through the window, laughing and joking and once telling her to take her elbows off the table. She used to come and see me after I was married and stayed with my sister in Berwick-on-Tweed. [Reminiscences, ARnJ 20 Aug 2008]
- Her cousins remember her, in abt 1955, as very lively, talking fast & using 1920s slang. Others recall that on occasion she used to "swear like a trooper".
- suffered badly from arthritis in later life
||Tatham | Meaburn branch | Descendant - male line|
||05 Dec 2014 |
||Frederick Hugh Tatham, b. 17 Feb 1868, Great Ryburgh , d. 19 Jan 1947, Rectory, Great Ryburgh (Age 78 years) |
||Helen Marie Thurnall, b. 18 Jun 1862, Bedford , d. 18 Sep 1967, Vicarage, Rougham (Age 105 years) |
||22 Jun 1893
||St Andrew, Kettering
[1, 12, 13] |
- On 22nd June, at St Andrew's Church, Kettering, by the Hon and Right Rev Bishop Anson, late Bishop of Qu'Appelle, Canada, assisted by the Rev G E Tatham, Vicar of St Paul's, East Moulsey, father of the bridegroom, the Rev. Frederick Hugh Tatham, of the diocese of Qu'Appelle, to Helen Maria, daughter of the late William Thurnall, Esq, of Bedford [Manchester Times]
- 3 servants in Mar 1901.
4 servants in Apr 1911: governess, parlourmaid, cook, housemaid.
||St Andrew, Great Ryburgh|
George Edmund Tatham, Rector, 1859-1884
Frederick Hugh Tatham, Rector, 1910-1947
||St Hybald, Scawby|
Frederick Hugh Tatham, Vicar, 1904-1910
||Rectory, Great Ryburgh|
||Ryburgh Rectory children|
unidentified, about 1912
||The Tatham family and Ryburgh parish, Norfolk|
||Qu'Appelle and its links with the family|
||Ryburgh Visitors Book (80)|
Visitors Book of Frederick & Helen Tatham
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S01] Census, UK, 1901.
- [S01] Census, UK, 1911.
- [S41] Death Certificate.
- [S02] BMD Index, death reg K/Lynn, May 1984.
b 16 Sep 1894
- [S51] Ryburgh Visitors Book.
- [S03] Family Members, ARnJ.
- [S17] Telephone Directories.
- [S33] Family Letters, Drina to Roden, 4 Mar, year ND.
- [S03] Family Members, MRT.
- [S03] Family Members, JDT.
- [S02] BMD Index, marriage reg Kettering, 2Q1893.
- [S11] Newspaper, Manchester Times, 30 Jun 1893.