1901 - 1991 (89 years)
||Mona Cicely Tatham [1, 2, 3] |
||12 Sep 1901
[2, 3, 4, 5] |
||Towerhill Manor, Gomshall
||North Foreland Lodge, North Foreland
- tbc - possibly another of the girls' schools at Malvern
||Towerhill Manor, Gomshall
[3, 7] |
- passengers on "Vondel" arr Southampton 29 Aug 1925: Edward E Tatham, 60, stock jobber; Mona S Tatham, 25; emb Genoa, perm res England, UK address Tower Hill, Gomshall, nr Guildford
||25 Maida Hill West, Maida Hill
||CEMA  |
- Committee for Encouragement of Music and the Arts, set up in 1940 by John Maynard Keynes and others. Predecessor of Arts Council
||Assistant Music Director, Arts Council [10, 11] |
||abt 1960 - 1978
||Rack Close, Shere
[1, 8, 12] |
||MBE  |
||Surrey S W
- On 22 Sep 1944 at St Martin in the Fields, attended memorial service for Eda Kersey the violinist, representing CEMA. [+ other similar press notices]
- Choir conductor: Abinger Choir etc, following her mother
||Tatham | Meaburn branch | Descendant - male line|
||23 Sep 2013 |
||Edward Ernst Tatham, b. 02 Apr 1866, Great Ryburgh , d. 22 Dec 1948, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford (Age 82 years) |
||Cicely Mary Sturgis, b. 22 Nov 1874, Kensington , d. 23 May 1971, Worthing (Age 96 years) |
||28 Jan 1898
||St Mary Abbots, Kensington
[3, 13, 14, 15] |
- On the 29th Jan., at S. Mary Abbot's, Kensington, by the Right Rev. the Lord Bishop of Peterborough, assisted by the Rev. Canon Pennefather (Vicar of the parish), the Rev. George E. Tatham, father of the bridegroom, and the Rev. Wm. Meaburn Tatham, brother of the bridegroom, Edward Ernst Tatham, of The Old Manor House, Carshalton, to Cicely Mary Sturgis, daughter of the late Samuel Harman Sturgis and Mrs. Sturgis, of Palace-court-mansions, W. [The Times; Morning Post]
||Family: Charles Edmund Tatham/Ethel Rose Hughes (F0032) (Relationship: 2 bro = 2 1x coz) |
||Abele Grove, Epsom|
Home of Edward Ernst Tatham & family in 1901
||Towerhill Manor, Gomshall|
Home of Edward Ernst Tatham & family in 1911
||Family Group Sheet|
||Tatham Banner - Leith Hill Music Festival|
Awarded annually for Women's Song (Division 2).
Presented in 1912 by Mrs Cicely Tatham (née Sturgis), conductor of Abinger, Festival Secretary and Vice President.
Her daughter Mona was also a choir conductor.
- [S03] Family Members, MRT.
- [S01] Census, UK, 1911.
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S02] BMD Index, death reg S W Surrey, Mar 1991.
b 12 Sep 1901
- [S02] BMD Index, birth reg Epsom, 4Q1901.
- [S57] Silvia Tatham - Diaries.
- [S12] Passenger Lists, Vondel, 29 Aug 1925.
- [S17] Telephone Directories.
- [S05] The Times, 23 Sep 1944.
- [S05] The Times, 13 Jul 1955.
represented Arts Council at Requiem Mass for Mary Wolseley-Lewis
- [S33] Family Letters, Cicely Mary Sturgis, 07 May 1957.
letter to Marjorie Tatham (Florence Marjorie Irwin Day)
- [S03] Family Members, JH.
- [S02] BMD Index, marriage reg Kensington, 1Q1898.
- [S05] The Times, marriage notice, 01 Feb 1898.
- [S11] Newspaper, Standard, 03 Feb 1898.