1895 - abt 1978 (83 years)
||Agnes Tatham [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||21 Jan 1895
[1, 2, 3, 4] |
||Doncaster Grammar School
; Sports mistress  |
||05 Sep 1930
||St Wilfrid, Cantley
[5, 7] |
|Frank Oswald Dowdall, b. 01 Oct 1896, Cwmdu , d. abt Feb 1975, Doncaster |
||abt 1939 - 1945
||12 King's Rd, Doncaster
[8, 9] |
||Agnes Tatham (1895-1978)
Women's Voluntary Service uniform
||abt May 1978
- believed to have signed book at golden wedding of grandparents George & Betha Tatham 13 Oct 1907.
||Tatham | Meaburn branch | Descendant - male line|
||05 Dec 2014 |
||William Meaburn Tatham, b. 30 Jul 1862, Great Ryburgh , d. 18 Oct 1938, Vicarage, Cantley (Age 76 years) |
||Louisa Valetta Buller, b. 13 May 1857, At sea, off Malta , d. 08 Apr 1939, 12 King's Rd, Doncaster (Age 81 years) |
||14 Jan 1886
||St Matthias, Earls Court
[1, 10, 11] |
- Jan 14th  St, Matthias' Earls-court by Bishop of Lincoln assisted by father of groom Rev William Meaburn Tatham Curate of St. Saviour's Folkestone 2nd son Rev GE Tatham East Mousley to Louisa Valetta ygst dau of Frederick Pole Buller late BCS. [Times of India, 10 Feb 1886]
- The marriage of our late Rector's second son, the Rev. William Meaburn Tatham, of St. Saviour's, Folkestone, to Miss Valetta Buller, daughter of S. P. Buller, Esq., late of the Bengal Civil Service, was celebrated on the 14th of January , at Earl's Court, London, by the Lord Bishop of Lincoln, assisted by the Rev. G. E. Tatham, father of the bridegroom, and Vicar of St. Matthias, Earl's Court, London. In connection with this event a tea was given the same evening in the school-room, Great Ryburgh, to the members of the Ryburgh Benefit Club, their wives, and other friends, the company numbering 84 persons. After tea Mr. W. Mesney, who has since left Ryburgh, spoke a few words to the members, and read a letter from our late Rector, which brought tears to the eyes of many of the members. The tables were then cleared. Several songs were sung by Mrs. Bradley and Mr. W. Mesney, and a skilfully-executed violin solo, by Mr. Horace Hammond, was well received. Dancing was then indulged in until eleven o'clock. In the intervals between the dances other songs were sung by Messrs. Cooper, Slegg, Butler, Howman, and Nelson. Before breaking up cheers were given for the bride and bridegroom, the Rev. G. E. Tatham, the giver of the feast and the founder of the society, and to Mrs. Mesney, who, assisted by other ladies, had so ably carried out all the arrangements for the feast. Next day the school children were regaled, and Mrs. Mesney kindly gave them oranges, apples, and nuts. [Dereham & Fakenham Times, 23 Jan 1886]
Note: Walter Mesney was the Tatham family's tenant of Keeling Hall at that time.
||William Meaburn Tatham & Louisa Valetta Buller
Two newspaper reports of golden wedding, 14 Jan 1936
||Tatham Family of Cantley Village, Doncaster|
Silver Wedding of William Meaburn Tatham & Louisa Valetta Buller in January 1911
||St Wilfrid, Cantley|
William Meaburn Tatham, Vicar, 1892-1938
||St Wilfrid, Cantley|
from pamphlet by Leonard Sibellas, Vicar of Cantley after William Meaburn Tatham. 12 pages describing church and parish.
Home of William Meaburn Tatham and family for 46 years
||Family Group Sheet|
- [S04] H Curtis: Notes for a Pedigree of the Tathams of Co. Durham.
- [S02] BMD Index, birth reg Doncaster, 1Q1895.
- [S01] Census, UK, 1901.
age 6 b Cantley
- [S02] BMD Index, death reg Poole, 2Q1978.
- [S02] BMD Index, marriage reg Doncaster, 3Q1930.
- [S03] Family Members, LOnG.
- [S36] Marriage Certificate.
- [S11] Newspaper, Doncaster local paper, Apr 1939.
obituary, Louisa Valetta Pole Buller
- [S03] Family Members, RPD.
- [S02] BMD Index, marriage reg Kensington, 1Q1886.
- [S11] Newspaper, Times of India, 10 Feb 1886.